Thursday, March 28, 2013

Currently Reading: Forever


This is the second time I have started trying to read this book.  The first time was about 2 months ago.  I have checked it out at the library. And I just wasn't able to get into the book.  Now I only have one renewal left on this book, and I'm attempting to read it again.

There are several POVs in this story: Grace, Sam, Cole, and Isabel.  Some of the chapters are only 3 or 4 pages long.  The story starts with Sam and Grace separated, and I think this is what is making it so boring to me - they are so whiney and miserable, and it's really annoying.  They're not exciting to read from.  However, I do enjoy reading from Cole's POV.  He intrigued me from the beginning of Linger, and with the ending, I really started to like him.  Of course some of the things he thinks and says is annoying and maybe crossing a line, but at least he's interesting.  And so is Isabel.  Between the two of them, I can muddle through the boring parts of Grace and Sam.

I'm almost 100 pages in, and at least Sam's story is starting to get a little more interesting.  And I think we're starting to get closer to what the plot is about.  This book is under 400 pages though, so it better start moving soon.  There are so many other books I want to read, that I don't really want to waste time on boring books.  But I do want to finish out the series since I've read 2 of 3.  But Shiver was a great story, I almost wish she just left it at that single book right now.  Maybe that will change once I've finished this book.  Hopefully that will change.

I do like the covers of these books though.  I like that they show the progression of the story from Shiver, to Linger to Forever.  And it might be nerdy of me, but I like that the font color matches the color on the cover.  Like I said, nerdy.

1 comments:

Carole said...

Kristen, I do hate it when sequels don't live completely up to expectations! Hope to see you over at Carole's Chatter soon. Cheers

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...