Thursday, May 21, 2015

7 Months Old

Since I’ve been taking monthly pictures of my daughter and posting them in my office at work, I’ve been getting rave reviews of what a cute idea it is. Well, I can thank all the ideas from Pinterest. For the next four months (OMG, I can’t believe it’s so close already) until Brooklyn turns 1 year old, I will post a blog about all our advancements in development, etc.

The most recent month is 7 months (but she’ll be 8 months this weekend)!  By 7 months she recognized her name and turns to you when she hears it.  She has been able to sit completely unassisted (though we’re still working on going from laying on the floor to a sitting position).  She played on a swing at the park for the first time and absolutely loved it!  She also started waving – though intermittently.  She also started using her walker and motors around the kitchen and discovered that she can reach the knobs on the cabinets and think it’s a blast banging them. She still has those chubby cheeks and thighs.



For comparison, I have posted all the previous months below so you can see how much she’s changed.  I’m so amazed at how much she’s grown and developed in just 7 months!  While I’m sad the stage of her cuddling and not moving has come to an end, I’m anxious to see all that she still has to learn and can’t wait until she can talk to us and walk around!  She’s such a joy – I can’t imagine life without her.  She’s a blessing and I’m enjoying every single minute of it!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these monthly update photos are the cutest! Pinterest has just a plethora of great ideas, no wonder your colleagues are raving about them. Really fun idea. I'm so glad she seems to be doing so well, can't believe it's already been 8 months!

Kristen said...

Thanks, Inge! I can't believe it's been 8 months already, as well! We took some 8 month pictures at the beach this weekend on her actual 8 month birthday...but I will take some at home tomorrow too just to have comparison pictures also. She's just so big...I don't know where the time is going! (Pinterest helped me pick a couple fun pictures to take of her on the beach too -- though for some reason San Diego decided to be cold and cloudy the whole time we were there so she couldn't sit in the water).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...