Monday, September 14, 2015

Book Review: Escape from the Carnivale

Escape from the Carnivale (Never Land #1)
by  
Date Read:  9/9/15
Rating: ★ ★ 
 

I accidentally read these books out of order. I picked up two in the series at the big booksale in downtown Phoenix in February and when I went to read them, there was no indication that there was an order.  In its defense, you don’t really need to read them in order.

These books are spin-off books to the Peter and the Starcatcher series.  These stories are what happen while Peter is gone. It follows the Lost Boys and Shining Pearl and Little Scallop. I suggest reading the Starcatcher books first so you understand how things came to be on that island. These are great little additions to the series though. Enough to get you back in that world, but also super-fast, easy reads.


The mermaids are more involved in this one and I liked that the kids basically had to figure this one out on their own.  The new ship was super weird.  I have no idea where all those strange creatures came from.  I liked that there was also a sub-plot of Captain Hook planning to take over the Carnivale.  Overall, this was a fun and entertaining book in the world of the Starcatchers.  If you enjoyed the Starcatcher series, you’ll enjoy these short books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...